Thursday, July 30, 2015

Mini Drugstore Haul

What happens in Target...

Why, hello there! This week has been a busy week for me and things needed to get done.. including a trip to Target. No matter how many times you tell yourself you're just going in for the bare necessities and that you'll be in and out in 15 minutes tops, you find yourself there for about an hour (or more, let's get real) and with a bunch of crap in your cart that you don't need. I can't be the only one, right? Right. If you say I am, you're lying to yourself (shame on you). So today, I thought I'd briefly share some of the beauty goodies I picked up. Let's get juicy!



So, originally when I went in to Target, I was just going to pick up my cleanser that I was running desperately low on and cotton pads, which I just completely ran out of. So, to get to my cleanser and cotton pads, I have to pass by the beauty department, and if you're anything like me, one cannot just simply pass by the beauty department. So, I did what any addict would do... and this was the result: I picked up 3 nail polishes, 2 lip products and hand sanitizer (purse essential).

L to R: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Polish, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish

I picked up the nail polishes because my nails have been looking dull and quite frankly, tore up from the floor up (thank you, retail). The colors enticed me so much because they look so bright and summery and it made me want to paint my nails ASAP. The first color is a baby blue with slight lilac tones, while the second color is comparable to a neon tomatoey red (fully aware tomatoey is not a word). I actually painted my nails before I started working on this post with said tomatoey color and I am in la-la-la-love.

The two lip colors I picked up were definitely an impulse buy; I can't blame retail for this one. I just really like lip products okay--remember this is a judgement free zone. So this first one, which is the Soft Matte Lip Cream by NYX, is almost like a salmony pink (obviously I like comparing my beauty products to foods). The next one is one of the Lasting Finish lipsticks from Rimmel's Kate Moss collection. This color is a typical red lipstick; it has blue undertones, but is slightly brighter than most reds. And here is what both of these look like swatched...

(L): Rimmel (R): NYX
And that, my fellow beauty junkies, is all the exciting stuff I picked up from Target. If you guys would like some reviews on any of the products mentioned above, go ahead and let me know, I'd be more than willing to talk about it (inner junky speaking). Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!

Products mentioned:


XOXO,
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment